Thursday, September 12, 2013

Entryway reno almost complete

boards painted withe roller = happy with finish

trim painted with brush = not happy with finish



It's funny how it seems to take forever to finish the last finishing touches on a reno. Yesterday I finished touching up some nail holes in the boards installed behind our entryway bench. I visited Southside Paint and Wallpaper,  a local Benjamin Moore paint store, to get a recommendation for a small paint roller that I could use and to create a beautiful smooth finish on the boards as seen in the first pic. Because I have flat trim and baseboard, I can use a roller. We purchased all of our paint from this store and I've been extremely happy with the service and quality of products. The staff at Southside Paint  are wonderful.


The last things I want to do before revealing our new entry way are to finish the diy captains mirror, purchase some pillows, add chalkboard labels to the drawers in our new entry closet and cover the nail holes in the trim around the door. I  painted all of the door trim with a brush before installing but I am not happy with the finish because I can see brush strokes when the light hits the trim. Not the look I was after.  I hope that maybe a few coats with the roller will give a nicer finish.

Do you use a roller or a brush to paint trim?


No comments:

Post a Comment