Thursday, October 10, 2013

bathroom fix

We've been on borrowed time with the toilet in our main bathroom. The date stamp on the lid said April 2, 1974. Who has a 39 year old toilet in their house? No wonder it started leaking. There are no  before pics of that gem. It was way too scary ,and I heard that while I was out,  smashing the toilet was needed to aid in removal. Good thing I wasn't here for that.
 I originally thought that the kids were responsible for the water on the floor. In my defense tho, have you ever witnessed young children have a bath in a shallow tub from the same 1974 era. I'm sure the kids contributed to some of the water, just not all of it. I was hoping the toilet would last long enough until we could reno the main bathroom which desperately needed a reno years ago. I have to accept that replacing the toilet is the best choice for now to prevent any further damage. I decided that I should get the toilet that I would be installing when we completed a bathroom reno. We choose a Toto Aquai II dual flush with soft closing lid and regular height. This is the same toilet we have in our powder room. So now we have this beauty in a bathroom desperately needing a reno.

Toto Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet- Image Source Toto USA

No comments:

Post a Comment