Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Entryway Reveal


Our new entryway


The entryway is still a work in progress. I won't be putting baseboard up until I decide if we will refinish or replace the damaged hardwood floors in the living room and decide what to replace the kitchen floor with.

There are so many things I love about the new entryway. I think the biggest difference is how easily traffic flows through the space now. The second biggest difference is the amount of storage. You don't need a big space, it just needs to be organized. The closet was larger before the reno,  but now it's actually functional. Each tall cabinet has space to hang jackets and 3 drawers. There is additional hanging space on the hooks at the back of the bench.

Before, there were piles of shoes in the entryway and in the closet. We have 6 people in our family. If each person has 2 pairs of shoes, that's 12 pairs. There is plenty of shoe storage in the new entryway. The bench has a drawer which stores boots in the winter. Across from the entryway closet is an ikea hemnes shoe cabinet that can store 2 pairs of shoes for each person.The drawer of the hemnes unit also stores dog leashes, the kids electronic items, batteries. I am just using cardboard right now for containers until I find some containers to fit the drawer and keep everything organized.

The organizer above the shoe cabinet is Ikea fintorpe. I really wanted ikea asker but it was discontinued and I didn't have any luck finding a used one. My hope is that it will keep the top of the shoe cabinet clear of clutter.


 The new front door on the inside with a Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor rug.



Our  diy captains mirror that I wrote about here



Each member of our family has a drawer in the front closet. Labels help everyone remember where there items belong and help prevent arguments amongst the younger kids about what drawer belongs to them. The chalkboard labels are from The Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery collection from Staples. I choose these labels because the package claims that the removable adhesive leaves no residue.



A progress pic






No comments:

Post a Comment