Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread

 I used the cinnamon swirl banana bread from Lovin' From The Oven with some modifications.  I always reduce the amount of sugar. I used 1/2 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 cup. I also substituted melted coconut oil for the butter and used the cinnamon sugar mixture as a topping.

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread

3 mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter ( I used melted coconut oil )
3/4 cup sugar ( I reduced to 1/2 cup)
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Swirl
1/3 cup brown sugar (I reduced to 1/4 cup)
1 tbsp cinnamon

Mix banana,  butter(or coconut oil) sugar, egg, vanilla. Stir just until mixed. In another bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on the top of the batter. Bake 350 for 50-60 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment